top of page

Easter eggs & Dogs

Updated: Sep 11, 2023




The accidental ingestion of chocolate can lead to serious illness or even death for our beloved companions.


Chocolate contains theobromine which is poisonous and caffeine which is dangerous to all our pets. While the toxic levels depend on the type of chocolate and your pet’s body size the general rule is the darker the chocolate the higher the risk.

In order to keep your furry friends safe this Easter, keep your chocolate well out of your pet’s reach. Chocolate on the coffee table, Easter eggs hidden in the garden and wrappers on the floor are all big temptations for our pets.

Signs of chocolate ingestion include vomiting / diarrhoea, restlessness, increased urination, stiffness, and seizures. If you suspect your pet has ingested chocolate, please call your veterinarian immediately.


We highly recommend PD Pet Insurance, click the link below to get the best quote







42 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page